This recipe comes from Foreverfit.tv.
Makes 12 portions:
- $0.57 - 0.33 cups Ground Flax Seed
- $3.71 - 1 cup Almond Flour (Red Mill)
- $1.27 - 0.5 cups Walnuts
- $0.00 - 1 tsp Baking Soda
- $0.04 - 1 tsp Baking Powder
- $0.18 - 1 tsp Sea Salt
- $0.43 - 0.47 lb Bananas
- $0.59 - 2 eggs Egg
- $1.11 - 0.33 lb Avocado
- $2.05 - 42g Avocado Oil
- $0.66 - 30g Honey
- $0.39 - 46g Organic Coconut Milk (Native Forest)
Total Cost: $11.00
Cost Per Portion: $0.92
Follow the directions over at Foreverfit.tv
My goal here was to find the “bran muffin of the paleo diet”. This is to say, a fiber-packed muffin that, unlike bran, conforms to the paleo standard. That said, I gave these a try.
They are extremely moist, and best of all, they provide a full 4 grams of fiber in a single 202 calorie muffin. They aren’t as sweet as the Orange Cranberry Muffins were, but on the plus side, they don’t contained the processed orange juice concentrate either. They do however contain a significant amount of ground flax seed, and so, they might taste a bit “gritty”. Think “bran muffin” and not “cupcake” and you’ll probably find them perfectly sweet. I sure did.
Thoughts for next time:
- Add some raisins, prunes or nuts for some more interesting texture