Makes 8 portions:
- $11.98 - 2 lb Beef Stew Meat
- $3.05 - 350g Kale (Organic)
- $15.35 - 390 g Onion
- $2.53 - 910 g Butternut Squash
- $3.67 - 946g Organic Beef Stock (Emeril's)
- $0.33 - 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- $0.30 - 4 tbsp Minced Garlic (Spice World)
- $0.36 - 2 tsp Sea Salt
- $0.15 - 1 tsp Black Pepper
- $0.14 - 1 tsp Paprika
- $0.22 - 1 tsp Sage
Total Cost: $38.08
Cost Per Portion: $4.76
Follow the directions over at GirlMeetsPaleo.
First, and most importantly: this stuff is delicious. The squash is soft and sweet, there is ample beef in each serving, and most importantly, the kale has absorbed all the flavor of the stew, fading away into the background. Once again I find that veggies served via a chunk of cooked meat are my favorite form of vegetable.
I am especially fond of the macros for this meal. It has inspired me to try and invent a few new meals targeting specific macro breakdowns. Having mastered the basics of counting calories, I feel like mastering macros is the logical next step.