This is another original recipe from yours truly.
Nothing too special inspired this; I just wanted to eat some veggies and lean protein and have it taste pretty good.
Makes 6 portions:
- $0.99 - 0.25 lb Kale (Organic)
- $9.17 - 2 lb Chicken Breast
- $0.31 - 2 tbsp Montreal Chicken
- $0.00 - 3 cups fl Progresso Chicken Broth
- $0.33 - 0.25 lb Red Onion
- $1.70 - 1.2 lb Zucchini
- $1.50 - 0.5 lb Collard Greens
- $1.32 - 0.76 lb Carrots
- $1.26 - 0.5 lb Radishes
- $0.00 - 0.5 tsp Rosemary
Total Cost: $16.58
Cost Per Portion: $2.76
Here’s another crock pot recipe so easy even I can do it:
- Toss everything in a crock pot
- Toss the raw chicken in there too
- Let the crock pot cook for about 10 hours
- Around hour 6 or so the chicken should be soft enough to easily shred with some forks
- Shred up the chicken with two forks and distribute evenly in the pot
- Add water as needed; make as “soupy” as you like it
Looking for a nice, healthy, chicken soup? Here it is.
The flavor of this dish is more subtle than my usual fair. Critics might describe it as “boring” but I would prefer to think of it as “understated”. As-is this is a paleo-approved recipes; the nutritional info looks great, and the macros came out just as I had hoped. However, I can’t help but admit that some non-paleo corn or orzo might have taken this to a new level.
Thoughts for next time:
- What paleo ingredients can I use to replace corn and orzo?