This recipes comes from the Cooking Channel:
Makes 6 portions:
- $0.61 - 0.15lb Scallions
- $0.68 - 0.5 lb Celery
- $0.23 - 0.05 lb Cilantro
- $2.19 - 0.05 lb Parsley
- $1.01 - 0.25 lb Mini Sweet Peppers
- $9.63 - 2.1 lb Chicken Breast
- $0.36 - 2 tsp Sea Salt
- $13.93 - 0.78 lb Onion
- $0.12 - 2 tbsp Publix Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- $0.22 - 3 tbsp Minced Garlic (Spice World)
- $1.09 - .6 lb Tomatoes
- $0.15 - 1 tsp Black Pepper
- $0.00 - 2 tbsp Curry Powder
Total Cost: $30.22
Cost Per Portion: $5.04
Follow the directions over at the Cooking Channel:
Extremely tasty dish, but I should mention a few changes I made to the original recipe. For example, the original calls for scotch bonnet peppers, which are among the spiciest things known to humankind. Since my wife will barely tolerate jalapeños, I decided to forgo those suckers. I also added the marinade to the saucepan while cooking the chicken, to get all those tasty nutrients into the final dish.
Thoughts for next time:
- Delicious stuff, but it would be even better with a little kick.
- Maybe add a less-deadly variety of pepper to the next iteration?