This recipe comes from:Rachel at Bakerita
Makes 24 portions:
- $1.68 - 833g Bananas
- $1.77 - 300g Egg
- $5.02 - 120g Raw Almond Butter
- $1.02 - 46g Coconut Oil
- $0.00 - 2tsp Vanilla Extract
- $1.31 - 70g Raw Coconut Flour (Coconut Secret)
- $0.00 - 1tsp Cinnamon
- $0.00 - 1.5tsp Baking Soda
- $0.06 - 1.5tsp Baking Powder
- $0.07 - 0.25tsp Sea Salt
- $1.96 - 297g Blueberries
- $0.59 - 45g Ground Flax Seed
- $0.09 - 0.5tsp Stevia in the Raw
Total Cost: $13.57
Cost Per Portion: $0.57
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and nut butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 11-13 minutes for mini muffins or 22-25 minutes for regular sized muffins, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow in the pan for 10 minutes, and then remove from pan and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
These muffins turned out wonderful. It has been a challenge to find a Paleo Recipe that has a the correct texture in muffin form but this one succeeded.
This is a simple, easy to follow recipe with minimal preparation work required. This recipe yielded 21 muffins at ~130 calories a piece. The muffins themselves are light and fluffy with a smooth consistency. Muffins are an excellent breakfast here at the Pineapple Kitchen.