We hadn’t eaten asparagus in a while so whipped this up myself:
Makes 4 portions:
- $3.31 - 0.83 lb Asparagus
- $1.54 - 10 oz Grape Tomatoes
- $0.12 - 2 tbsp Publix Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- $1.06 - 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- $0.18 - 1 tsp Sea Salt
- $0.15 - 1 tsp Black Pepper
- $0.00 - 1 tsp Curry Powder
- $0.65 - 0.5 lb Red Onion
Total Cost: $7.01
Cost Per Portion: $1.75
- Prep the asparagus by cutting off any hard ends
- Toss everything (except the tomatoes) into a pan and sauté until nice and soft
- Add the tomatoes at the end so they stay cool
Simple as that!
A simple, tasty little side dish. I thought it was pretty good, and it paired nicely with the Mahi last night.
Thoughts for next time:
- Maybe a little citrus flavor, like a lemon?